Born: 1934, Kutaisi
Art historian, Chief Researcher of the Centre, Prof. Dr.
Research field: History of the medieval Georgian mural painting, its connection with the Byzantine world (14th-15th cc.); modern Georgian fine art.
Activity: 1997-2006 Head of the Department of Medieval Georgian Art of the Chubinashvili Institute of History of Georgian Art. Researcher of the Research Institute at the Faculty of Restoration, Art History and Theory, Tbilisi Academy of Fine Arts.
- Nabakhtevi Mural Painting, Tbilisi, 1973;
- Vamek Dadiani Annex Wall Painting in Khobi, Russia. Georgia, collected articles, Moscow, 1978;
- Hagiographic Cycle of St. George in Ubisi, Dečani et art byzantin au milieu du XIVe siécle, collected articles dedicated to 650 anniversary of Dechani monastery, Belgrade, 1989;
- Tsalenjikha Mural Painting, Tbilisi, 1992;
- Bedia, Likhne, Bichvinta (Medieval Wall Painting Monuments on the territory of Abkhazia), “Jvari Vazisa”, N1, 1995;
- The Scene of Last Supper in the Murals of Ubisi, Zograf, 26, Belgrade, 1997;
- The Palaeologus Art Monuments in Georgia and Shalva Amiranashvili, collected articles of Tbilisi State University, the department of art history and theory, Tbilisi, 2000;
- The Study of Medieval Fine Arts at the G. Chubinashvili Institute of Georgian Art History (1941-2001), Georgian art studies, I, Tbilisi, 2001;
- Dimitri Shevardnadze and Heinrich Rot, Academia, N3, 2002;
- Le Cène dans les peintures murales d′Ubissi, ΛΑΜΠ′ΔΏN, collected articles dedicated to the memory of D. Muriki, vol. 2, Athens, 2003;
- Hagiographic Cycle of St. George in the Murals of Ubisi, Georgian Antiquities, 6, Tbilisi, 2004;
- George Chubinashvili (120 years since his birth), Georgian Antiquities, 7-8, Tbilisi, 2005;
- Tsalenjikha. The Saviour Church Mural Painting, Tbilisi, 2011 (co-author Mzia Janjalia).